- Crime Prevention
- Current & Future Crime Prevention Unit Programs
Current & Future Crime Prevention Unit Programs
Current CPU Programs
- Specialized Patrols: Bike and Golf Cart
- Crime Prevention Tags: Reminders to secure valuable property
- National Night Out: Crime Prevention Expo held at the Greene Town Center to help educate people on crime prevention methods
- Brookville Community Picnic: Crime Prevention Table
- Women's Assault Survival Program: A program designed to teach ladies critical survival self-defense techniques in the event of an attack
- Prom Promise: A Program designed to teach students the dangers associated with Prom and Graduation. (Such as drinking, texting while driving, underage drinking...etc.)
- Bullying Awareness and Prevention: Educate students and teachers about the dangers of bullying
- Toys for Tots: Provides our citizens who are looking for a trustworthy charity the opportunity to help needy children
Future CPU Programs
- Police Chief's Veterans Day Formal: This will be a black tie event used to honor our nation's heroes and raise money for either the Wounded Warriors Project or the USO dependingon the charity that is chosen by Chief Jerome. It will also be the perfect "Date Night" for those looking for an excuse to romance your spouse or impress your significant other. Dust off your tux or breakout that little black number you have wanted to wear, but never had a reason. This one is for you Moms and Dads!
- Ticketing Children: Say again? That's right... The Brookville Police Department will be looking to partner with a business or businesses that will be willing to provide a free small ice cream cone to any child observed buy our officers either doing the right thing or being safe. (An example would be a child seen wearing their bike helmet or looking both ways before entering the street, stopping a bully...etc.) Our Officer would stop and thank the child and issue a "ticket" for a free ice cream cone. The business could then display the child's "ticket" to promote safety in the community.